Hi internet, my name is Justin Hooker and I’m the Digital Marketing Specialist here at VSG Marketing. When I sat down to record my professional development goals at the beginning of 2020, I knew I wanted to focus on advanced training in digital advertising, but I had no idea just how relevant that skill would become a mere 2 months later. With everything our world is experiencing right now in light of COVID-19, it seems that now more than ever is the time to figure out how to make your business accessible, digitally. So while I don’t love the circumstances, I’m glad that the timing of this certification will lend important support to our clients and connections as they navigate this new environment.
With that in mind, I wanted to share my experience in the Facebook Blueprint certification process with our readers.
First things first, What is Facebook Blueprint?
- If you are interested in mastering Facebook Ads, I highly recommend spending some time inside Facebook Blueprint. All the courses Facebook creates are completely free and self-guided. However, in order to receive formal certification from Facebook, there is a bit more to it. More on that below.
Why get a Certification?
- The certification is Facebook’s way of saying that you have proven your knowledge and understanding of specific aspects of their digital ad platform and how to conduct successful campaigns. Like I said earlier, all the courses are free to access, but the certifications require a proctored exam that will cost in the $100-$150 range.
- I came an hour early every day to the office to review and go through the courses for about 4 weeks. I was never really a studier in college, but I’ve always been an avid note-taker. So, I ran through all the lessons and wrote down most of the things that seemed important to know. I’m definitely a night person, so to come in an hour early every day started to take its toll towards the end.
- The final exam went by much faster than I expected it to. The test is multiple-choice, so my best advice is if you don’t know then answer, eliminate possible answers that you KNOW are not correct. That usually narrowed it down to a 50/50 shot. Overall, the testing experience went well. It is a little stranger knowing that you have someone looking at you through your webcam to monitor your behavior, but once you got past that, it was just like taking an ordinary multiple-choice test. I received my score instantly after taking the exam and a couple of days later got an email with a link to my Blueprint Badge.
What does it mean for VSG Services?
- VSG has long incorporated technology and digital practices into our work but as a team dedicated to evolving, it is important for us to stay on top of trends and technology updates. The certification proves to ourselves and our clients that we are doing exactly that.
- It also expands our service line to the digital ad space. I was recently brought on the team to tackle a lot of the digital marketing projects, but we want to continue to bring more value to the table by providing additional ways our clients can reach their customers.
What does it mean for you?
- Whether you are a client of VSG’s, looking for a marketing partner, or are just looking for some marketing advice, I hope that you understand what Facebook Blueprint is and how you can get certified on your own! Whether or not you want to go through the process to get the certification, Facebook Blueprint is an excellent free resource to keep learning and evolve yourself as a professional. So check it out!
What’s next for me?
- I got my first certification! What’s next? Well, there are several more certifications through Facebook Blueprint! 7 more, to be exact. I have only scratched the surface of this resource and I intend to continue my journey in this platform. I plan to invest time and energy into Facebook’s advertising platform to become more acquainted with it before I pursue my next Facebook Blueprint certification.
Thanks so much for checking out this week’s blog. Our thoughts are with all businesses struggling with circumstances beyond their control. If you think VSG may be able to help you during this time, please reach out.